About Me

My photo
www.leannmariephoto.com, http://www.facebook.com/leannmariephoto
I am a stay at home mom of 3 who is always looking for ways to work from home. I just launched my photography website and Facebook page and am very excited to start this journey in my life! I love coupons, sales, free stuff, and shopping tips. My family is my world, but I also cherish my friends! My mommy friends are the best and some days I don't know what I would do without them. LeAnn is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Back to School!

Wow, it's been a long time!  I wish I could say it's been only because I've been busy.  However, it's partially because I just plain forgot to update my blog!  

We had a great summer.  Did lots of fun things to keep the kids busy.  School starting up was bittersweet.  Nice to have a break, but also very sad for mom & dad.  This is the only year all 3 kids will be in the same school.  My oldest is in 5th grade, middle one is 3rd grade, and my baby started kindergarten.  I was pretty concerned about him because he didn't want to go.  He even had nightmares about it.  But, on the first day, he did great!  No tears and no having to rip him away from us.  By day 3, he even said he LIKES school!  It is also back to school for me.  Diving in so I can get my photography class finished up and move on to making my business a success.  

My oldest has joined a new soccer team that we are all excited about.  She hasn't had any season games yet, but is playing in her first tournament this weekend out of town.  She loves sports so I hope she can fit it all in or she will be pretty sad.  

Now for the bad.  My father passed away very suddenly on April 7th.  That is the worst voice mail I've ever had to listen to.  He lived very far away, so my kids didn't get a chance to get to know him very well.  He was all set to move back here this summer.  I've struggled with taking care of his estate, but I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.  I miss our long talks about photography and going to Las Vegas will never be the same without him meeting me at the airport.  I made it through my first Father's Day, but it was hard.  I miss him dearly.  

I hope you all had a great summer.  I don't know about you, but we got a taste of fall weather the last few days, and I am ready for it to stay!  


No comments: