About Me

My photo
www.leannmariephoto.com, http://www.facebook.com/leannmariephoto
I am a stay at home mom of 3 who is always looking for ways to work from home. I just launched my photography website and Facebook page and am very excited to start this journey in my life! I love coupons, sales, free stuff, and shopping tips. My family is my world, but I also cherish my friends! My mommy friends are the best and some days I don't know what I would do without them. LeAnn is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Getting Started in Photography

I have been looking at many online schools to get a certificate or a degree in photography.  However, most photographers I know say not to waste my money.  They say I can find all the information I need for free on the internet.  Yes, but you kind of have to know what to look for, right?  Well, I'll try that route first and see how it goes.  I'm the kind of person that needs A to Z instructions, so this may not be for me.

On my own, I've started to learn about Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO.  Today was the first time I set my camera to "manual".  I tried out what I learned at Ashley's volleyball game & Emma's soccer game.  When we got home, I put the SD card in the laptop too see what I got.  I was quite disappointed and discouraged.  I felt the inside shots were all either too dark or too "orange", and the outside shots had too much light.  However, I got some feedback from someone with the same camera I have who has more experience.  She gave me a few tips and suggestions, but overall, said I did great for my first time on "manual".  So, I guess I was being too hard on myself.  

I have a lot to learn, but at least I know now that I'm headed in the right direction!  

No comments: